Embedded Studio Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Allegro Free Physical View does not launch

2 posters

Go down

Allegro Free Physical View does not launch Empty Allegro Free Physical View does not launch

Post  lyh8 Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:35 pm

Hi there,

I downloaded Cadence Allegro Free Physical Viewer v16.x from Cadence website and installed successfully. However, when double-clicking the program, I noticed that only the cursor blinked once, the program did not launch. I have tested on both desktop and laptop with Windows XP, the same issue occurred. I'm frustrated. Is there any solution? Thanks.

lyh8

Back to top Go down

Allegro Free Physical View does not launch Empty Re: Allegro Free Physical View does not launch

Post  lzmind Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:44 pm

Go to My Computer->Properties->Advanced tab->Environment Variables list to see if there is a variable named cdsroot. If there isn't, you need add it.

varaible name: cdsroot

variable value: C:\Program Files\Cadence Design Systems\Allegro Free Physical Viewer 16.0\tools\pcb\

Hope this helps.

Last edited by lzmind on Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:21 pm; edited 2 times in total

lzmind

Back to top Go down

Allegro Free Physical View does not launch Empty Re: Allegro Free Physical View does not launch

Post  lyh8 Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:03 am

Thank you, lzmind, that worked. You are the man.

lyh8

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum